Population Health University - Clinical Pharmacy Resources Available Online
Before discussing, prescribing, and deprescribing certain medications including pneumonia vaccines with your Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield of Western New York patients, remember Highmark’s Population Health University offers Clinical Pharmacy Resources to assist you.
Specific toolkits are available on the Provider Resource Center (PRC) and feature the latest clinical data and guidelines that may be helpful when determining if your patients should take or stop taking certain medications, or receive the pneumococcal vaccine.
- Appropriate Prescribing for Obesity and Weight Loss
- Appropriate Use of Stress Ulcer Prophylaxis (SUP)
- Deprescribing Clinical Pearl in Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- 2022 Pneumococcal Vaccine Recommendations
- Geriatric Optimization - Antipsychotics
- Geriatric Optimization - Benzodiazepines
- Geriatric Deprescribing - Conversation Aid to Accompany Deprescribing
- Geriatric Optimization - Medications with Anticholinergic Properties
- Geriatric Optimization - Megestrol Acetate (Megace®)
- Geriatric Optimization - Muscle Relaxants
- Geriatric Optimization - Nonbenzodiazepine Benzodiazepine Receptor Agonist Hypnotics (i.e., Z drugs)
- Geriatric Optimization - Selective Alpha-1 Blockers
- Geriatric Optimization - Tricyclic Antidepressants (TCA) and Paroxetine (Paxil®)
- Preventing Gastrointestinal Bleeds While Taking Dual Antiplatelet Therapy (DAPT)
- Proton Pump Inhibitor Deprescribing
To review these toolkits on the PRC, select Education/Manuals from the drop-down menu on the homepage then click Population Health University > Clinical Pharmacy Resources. You need to log on to NaviNet to view the toolkits.