Wellness Card Benefit Information
Eligibility, Usage, Activation, Products and Services
Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield of Western New York’s wellness debit card helps you live a healthier lifestyle with an annual allowance that can be used at a variety of vendors. Consider it a little something extra for your journey to good health.
Who is eligible?
A wellness card is available to:
- All individual and small group (companies with 2-100 Full Time Equivalent employees) subscribers
- Some larger companies or groups
Where can I use my Wellness Debit Card?
Our vendor lists are frequently updated and vary by your plan.
Individual and Small Group (companies with 2-100 Full Time Equivalent employees) subscribers
As of January 1, 2023, the Wellness Card is accepted at gyms and fitness centers in New York and throughout the United States. These include brick and mortar gyms, family fitness centers, and other fitness facilities that offer spin classes, crossfit, rock climbing and more.
Select Large Group companies
The wellness card is accepted at gyms, fitness centers and at other eligible vendors such as health stores, vitamin shops, other wellness related memberships and more.
To View Vendor Listings:
- Go to the new member portal, member.highmark.com
- Click Manage under Spending Account balance to locate the spending account dashboard
- Click the Menu icon at the top left of the page
- Click Resources
- Click Forms and Documents
- The applicable Wellness or Gym document is to the right at the top of the page