2021 Blue Total Health Package
Get the benefit of our exclusive Blue Total Health package. We provide you with the additional benefits and preventive services you want and need to help live a healthy lifestyle. This exclusive benefits package includes coverage for dental, hearing, vision, over-the-counter drugs and supplies, and more!
Over-the-Counter (OTC) Drugs and Supplies
Up to $100 annual allowance for OTC drugs and supplies with convenient home delivery. Choose from hundreds of items including vitamins, allergy care, and first-aid products.1
Free Preventive dental
Preventive dental coverage includes reimbursement for up to two cleanings, now including periodontal cleaning,2 two exams, and one set of X-rays annually. This benefit requires no network and can be used at any dental provider.
- $10 copay per service
Vision and Eyewear Benefits3
Using a Davis Vision network provider helps you get more from our vision benefits.
- $100 annual allowance on frames, lenses, and contacts
- $25 annual routine eye exam
Save thousands on hearing aids through TruHearing®.
- $699 or $999 per unit
- $45 annual routine hearing exam through a TruHearing provider4
Wellness Rewards Program
Earn up to $60 for annual preventive services including annual wellness visit, colon cancer screening, and breast cancer screening5 (one $20 Prepaid Card per service).6
Low- or no-cost vaccines
- $0 copay for preventive vaccines including flu, pneumonia, and hepatitis7
- Coverage for shingles vaccine with Tier 1 copay (copays vary by plan; not covered on Senior Blue 601 HMO)
Affordable Diabetes Management
- $0 Part B diabetic monitoring supplies including lancets, glucose monitors, and test strips
Learn more about the Blue Total Health Package
Unless otherwise noted, costs shown are for services received in-network.
1. $25 allowance per quarter up to $100 annually. OTC drugs are obtained through online order or mail-in from catalog and delivered to the member's home.
2. Commonly referred to by dentists as deep cleaning or scaling and root planing.
3. In order for your service to be in-network you must see a Davis Vision participating provider.
4. Our plans cover one routine hearing exam per year with a TruHearing provider. Please call TruHearing to verify your benefit and schedule a hearing exam. Coverage is for select models only.
5. Annual wellness visit, breast cancer screening, and colon cancer screening are covered by any doctor in our network as part of your member benefits. If other services are performed by your doctor at the same visit, you may have a higher copay.
6. One PrePaid Card per member, per service, per calendar year.
7. A $0 copay applies when using an in-network provider.
Looking for Medicare Advantage plan?
Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield of Western New York (BCBSWNY) is a Medicare Advantage plan with a Medicare contract and enrollment depends on contract renewal. BCBSWNY complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia linguistica, Llame al 1-833-735-4515 (TTY 711) 注意：如果您使用繁體中文，您可以免費獲得語言援助服務。請致電 1-833-735-4515 (TTY 711)
Content Last Updated: March 6, 2021