If you're thinking of breastfeeding your baby, it can be helpful to have the proper equipment to help get you and your baby on a healthy start. Your BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York plan includes one breast pump per pregnancy. Check out the details below.
If your health plan includes the Federal Women's Preventive Benefit, the following applies:
- Electric pump: BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York covers only up to $175.00 of the purchase of an electric pump at a par Durable Medical Equipment (DME) provider such as Care Connection or Sweet Beginnings. You are responsible for any additional costs above this amount.
- Hospital Grade pump: BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York covers the full amount of the rental of a hospital grade pump.
- Manual Pump: BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York covers the manual pump in full.
- Electric pump: This is not covered.
- Manual pump: BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York covers the manual pump under DME purchase only.
- Hospital Grade: pump: BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York covers the hospital grade pump under DME rental only.
Local Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Providers:
The Care Connection Lactation & Wellness Center Durable Medical Equipment
3991 Harlem Rd
Amherst, NY 14226
Community Wellness Programs & Support Groups
We encourage you to find a program to get the prenatal and pregnancy support you deserve. You can learn more about breast feeding at March of Dimes. Or click the link below to learn more about the Right Start Pregnancy Management Program and other helpful resources.