Stroke Prevention Program
What is a stroke?
A stroke occurs when the blood supply to part of your brain is interrupted or reduced, which deprives brain tissue of oxygen and nutrients. A stroke is a medical emergency and prompt treatment is crucial. Early action can minimize brain damage and saves lives.
Our Stroke Prevention Program
The Stroke Prevention program was designed to raise awareness about the life-threatening effects of stroke and to help members understand ways to prevent a stroke. Services offered include:
- Personalized educational materials regarding stroke and stroke prevention
- Free, telephonic health coaching
- Newsletter articles
- Web resources to nationally recognized leaders in stroke prevention and treatment
- Web-based program information and self-management tools
Who is eligible for the program?
All members with interest in stroke prevention and treatment are eligible to join the program. Members can also be identified for eligibility through:
- Out-patient medical claims
- In-patient hospital claims
- Members can be referred to the program by their doctor or other health care provider
- Members can self-enroll
To enroll, click on the button below, or call one of our case managers at 1-877-878-8785, option 2. Help is only a click or a call away.
Contact our Health Management Team
Speak with a case manager today! Call 1-877-878-8785, option 2.
Did you know?
Members eligible to receive a wellness debit card can redeem their card at yoga studios, fitness centers, physical therapy offices, and more. Find out where you can use your card today!