Make it a Fearless Fall with Healthy Snacks!
Fearless is taking in the crisp autumn air, long hikes and enjoying all that Fall has to offer. Warm up to Fall with our delicious and nutritional snacks, fresh apples and heart healthy items.
Baked Oatmeal Cups
Makes 12 Servings
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/8 cup chai seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- Optional toppings: apples, blueberries, walnuts, or pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix eggs, vanilla, applesauce, banana, and honey together in a bowl.
- Add in oats, chai seeds (if using), cinnamon, baking powder, and salt and mix well with wet ingredients.
- Pour in milk and combine.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Divide mixture evenly into muffin tin cups. If using a 1/4 measuring cup, measure just under 1/4 cup to make 12 servings.
- Add your toppings and enjoy!
Makes 4 servings
- 3 cups plain or vanilla nonfat yogurt
- 1 cup fresh or defrosted strawberries
- 1 cup fresh or defrosted blueberries
- 1 cup granola
Scoop 3/4 cup yogurt into a bowl. Place 1/4 cup strawberries and 1/4 cup blueberries on top. Repeat using three more bowls. Serve immediately or chill to keep cold. Place 1/4 cup granola on each parfait before serving.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Fresh or frozen bananas
- Fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1% milk (or milk of choice)
- 3–4 cubes of ice
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Lettuce Wrap Tacos
Makes 12 tacos
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Romaine or butter lettuce
- Taco seasoning
- Toppings as desired
Brown ground beef in a frying pan and drain grease. Season cooked beef with taco seasoning as directed. When assembling, substitute tortilla shells with a leaf of romaine, or butter lettuce.
Note: Ground beef can be substituted for shredded chicken, or ground turkey!
Makes 1 serving
- 1 large apple
- Peanut butter
- Chocolate chips
Wash and core apple, then cut into rings. Spread peanut butter on one apple ring and top with granola. Add chocolate chips and cover with second apple ring.
- Prepare smoothie recipe as directed, without ice.
- Pour even amounts in a popsicle mold or small paper cups.
- If using a popsicle mold, close the lid and place mold in the freezer.
- If using paper cups, cover each cup with plastic wrap and insert a wooden popsicle stick in the center.
- Freeze until solid.
Note: Smoothies can be made with any fruit of choice.
Prepare and bring a fruit salad or fruit kabobs to your next gathering as a healthy alternative.