Why should you quit tobacco?
- If you use tobacco products, chances are you've probably thought about quitting or have tried quitting (one or several times). You know that tobacco use is harmful to your health. You also know that tobacco use can cause lung disease, cancer, stroke, heart disease, and other chronic health conditions.
- For cigarette smokers, your health begins to improve in the first 20 minutes after your last cigarette! Nicotine is very addictive and it can take anywhere from 7 to 10 or more attempts to quit smoking before you quit for good. Getting the support you or a loved one needs will help - we're here to provide the resources you need to take the first step.
Programs in our Community
- There are several programs available in our community to help with making a big change in your health. Typical tobacco treatment programs range from one to multiple sessions over several weeks. Information provided includes:
- Relaxation and stress management techniques
- Diet and weight management
- Facts about tobacco
- Information on how your tobacco use can hurts children
- Patches, gum, and other aids that can help you quit
- Behavioral strategies
- Helpful hints, tricks, and suggestions
- Group and/or individual counseling
- Telephone counseling
Seminars and Support Groups
Sign Up for a Seminar or Support Group
To sign up for one of the seminars or support groups in our community, or for more information, call one of the numbers listed below. Help is only a call away!
Roswell InhaleLife Program
Offered to eligible members through the community wellness program
Roswell Park Cessation Services (RPCS)
American Cancer Society
American Lung Association
On your Smartphone:
This service is free; however, message and data rates may apply.
Contact our Health Management Team
Speak with a case manager today! Call 1-877-878-8758, option 2.
Did you know?
Members eligible to receive our Wellness Debit Card can redeem their card at various fitness centers and to purchase fitness products such as a FitBit.