COPD Management Program
Our Program and Additional Resources
What is the COPD Management Program?
At BlueCross BlueShield, we offer support to members through our COPD management program. Our case managers are here to help you or a loved one cope with the disease and plan ahead. Our case managers will offer the following services:
- Personalized educational material
- Free, health coaching over the phone by our staff of registered nurses
- Questions you should ask your doctor
- Techniques to manage and live with the disease
- Smoking cessation resources
- Education on the effects of second-hand smoke
Health behaviors addressed during the program include:
- Environmental triggers related to COPD
- Assessment of high-risk behaviors
- Smoking cessation
- The effects of second-hand smoke
- Dental care
An individual COPD Action Plan is completed during the clinical health coach call.
All members with a diagnosis of COPD who are 40 years of age or older at the time of the claim are eligible to join the program. However, members of any age may be referred and will be accepted. Members are identified for eligibility through:
- In-patient hospital claims
- Pharmacy claims
- Referrals from health care providers
- Members self-enroll online or by phone
To enroll, click on the button below, or call one of our case managers at 1-877-878-8785, option 2. Help is only a click or a call away.