Yes, the account's subscriber can choose and change a dependent's primary doctor. Simply preform a search and select them as your primary doctor. The final step allows you to choose which dependent to apply that doctor to.
Find care in 3 easy steps.
Log in to your online account. By logging in, search results will automatically be personalized to your plan and network. If you don't have an account, set one up here.
To begin your search, enter a provider, specialty, facility, or medical procedure, or explore by category. You can also refine your search by location, specialty, distance, gender, and more.
Click Search. Your results will be displayed by distance, starting with the providers closest to you.*
*The Find a Doctor tool will search based on your current location. If you wish to search in another area, simply type in a new city or ZIP code.
I need help finding a primary doctor, where can I go?
Who was my last doctor?
Can I choose a primary doctor for dependents under 18-years-old?
Can I choose a primary doctor for dependents over 18-years-old?
How can I select a Primary Doctor?
- Login to your member account, then enter a provider name, specialty, or browse by category. You can also refine your search by location, distance, gender, and more. Your results will be displayed by distance, starting with the providers closest to you.
- In the results, eligible Primary Doctors will be labeled as a PCP. If you're sure this is the doctor for you, click on “Select as Your PCP.”
- Confirm your selection by clicking OK.
- If you have dependents, you can then choose whether to select this doctor as your own, or for a dependent. Subscribers can choose a primary doctor for dependents under 18-years-old.
Why can't I find the Quest location that I would normally use?
Not all Quest locations perform the same tests. Your favorite Quest location may not show up based on the type of test that your doctor or employer would like to perform.
Why do I need to schedule an appointment?
You don't need to schedule an appointment, but scheduling an appointment saves you time. Additionally, scheduling an appointment ensures that the Quest location you have chosen can accommodate the type of testing you need.
If you choose not to schedule an appointment, know that our locations are busiest in the early morning. (This is when patients who are required to fast for testing often choose to arrive.) Your wait may be shorter after 10 A.M. and you may want to consider arriving after that time.
Can I schedule an appointment for a family member?
Yes you can. While scheduling an appointment, in the section that asks you "Who is coming in for this testing?" type your family member's information.
How can I find a dentist who practices a particular specialty?
There is a search bar at the top of each page where you can search by a provider’s specialty. As you type, you will see a list of options that match your search. If you’re not sure of the exact specialty you are looking for, you can start on the home page by choosing the type of care you are searching for. The tool will guide you through the options available, ultimately providing you with a list of providers that match your needs.
Does my plan have dental coverage?
While everyone can find a dentist using our tools, please consult your benefits to find out if you have dental coverage.
How do I know if my plan covers vision through Davis Vision?
How do I know if my provider is participating with Davis Vision?
Can I schedule an online appointment?
Some providers allow you to schedule an appointment online. You will be redirected to the provider's online appointment scheduling system. Use the Davis Vision Provider Search tool to verify that the provider accepts your plan before receiving services.
Who can search for cost estimates?
Any member with an on-line account (excluding Medicare) can search for a procedure and view cost estimations.
What type of information can I find through this tool?
You will see a list of providers in your area that perform this service and what the expected total cost and your personal out-of-pocket cost at each of these providers will likely be. As cost may vary by provider and location, you can look at the provider’s profile at each location and see a breakdown of how your cost is calculated with each provider.
How do I find my procedure cost?
Members of qualifying networks can find the cost of office visits, tests, and procedures.
- Enter your search criteria. As you type you will see a list of options that match your search listed under "Procedures".
- Choose from the search results. You can then choose a common procedure type from the options displayed or search from an alphabetical list of available tests and procedures.
- Find estimated costs. When you select an office visit, test, or procedure, you will see a list of providers in your area that perform this service and what the expected total cost and your personal out-of-pocket cost at each of these providers will likely be. As cost may vary by provider and location, you can look at the provider’s profile at each location and see a breakdown of how your cost is calculated with each provider. Before you are treated, always confirm that the facility you choose is in your network, that the procedure is covered under your benefits plan, and that you get proper preauthorization when necessary.
Who can write a review?
Only logged in BlueCross BlueShield of WNY members can write a review.
Are reviews confidential?
Yes, all reviews are 100% confidential.
What types of providers can be reviewed?
As a member, you can write reviews for any of your in-network providers, including primary care doctors, specialists, facilities, and other health professionals.
Who can read patient reviews?
Are reviews moderated?
Yes, all written comments are reviewed before they are published. Moderators review comments to ensure that they do not violate the Conditions of Use. A comment may violate this for any of the following reasons: violation of a third party’s rights, abusive content, illegal activity, spamming, commercial solicitation, and more.
Remember, the purpose of posting a provider review is to help other members — not to harm a doctor, provider, or their practice. Comments that violate the Conditions of Use will not be published.
How can I write a review?
- Login to your member account. You must be logged in order to create a review.
- Go to the ‘Find a doctor’ tool, and search for your doctor.
- Write your review by clicking "Review this provider," or "Be the first member to review"
- Submit your review!
Frequently Used Tools
*If you would like a copy of the provider directory mailed to you, please call customer service at 1-800-329-2792, TTY 711. We are available Oct. 1 - Mar. 31, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., 7 days a week; Apr. 1 - Sept. 30, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Mon. - Fri.
BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York (BCBSWNY) is a division of HealthNow New York Inc., an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. BCBSWNY complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia linguistica, Llame al 1-833-735-4515 (TTY 711) 注意：如果您使用繁體中文，您可以免費獲得語言援助服務。請致電 1-833-735-4515 (TTY 711)
Content last updated May 2, 2019