Redefining Defined Contribution
Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield of Western New York is committed to simplifying health insurance and minimizing cost volatility for our employer groups. As part of this commitment, we have developed a defined contribution solution that allows employers to control their health care costs and offer plan options that fit employees' needs.
Blue Cross Blue Shield Defined Contribution Solution
We combine our unique expertise in defined contribution, with innovative plan designs and plan administration technology to help employers spend less time managing their health care benefits and more time running their business.
- Defined contribution strategy establishment
- Employee education and resources
- Plan/benefit utilization review and recommendations
Innovative Plan Design (align℠ and focus℠)
- Full Network Tiered Benefit plans
- Premium savings of 6%*
- Access to full Blue network
- Choice of plan that best meets your/your employee’s needs
Enabling Plan Administration Technology
- Real-time plan administration
- Easily set contribution amount
- 24/7 online access; paperless experience
- Employee-level enrollment
*Minimum of 6% savings compared to our other plans; savings may vary based on plan design BlueConnect currently available for small groups; available for large groups in 2018.
What is Defined Contribution?
Employer provides fixed (defined) amount
Employer offers suite of plan options
Employee shops for coverage that meets their needs
Employee applies employers' contribution toward premium of selected plan
Call your broker or account executive. You can also learn more from the brochures below.