Affordable health insurance for small businesses
Healthy NY is a state-sponsored program offered through BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York. Healthy NY is designed to provide health insurance coverage to:
- Small businesses, their employees, and dependents
Enrolling in the Healthy NY program through BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York gives you the same quality care and service that you get from any plan offered by BlueCross BlueShield. With many physicians and specialists to choose from, Healthy NY gives you access to the care you need when you need it.
Healthy NY Benefits
Healthy NY offers important medical services such as regular medical checkups, hospital care and prescription benefits. Covered services are subject to a copayment.
The Healthy NY benefit package consists of all Essential Health Benefits as defined in the Affordable Care Act including:
- Office visits
- Diagnostic and x-ray services
- Emergency services
- Inpatient and outpatient hospital services
- Maternity care
- Physician services
- Preventive health services
- Mental health and substance use services
- Prescription drugs
- Pediatric vision
- 2018 Healthy NY Small Employer Group Plan
- View 2018 Healthy NY HMO Age 29 Contract
- View 2018 Healthy NY HMO No Age 29 Contract
To view premium rates associated with this plan, please visit http://www.dfs.ny.gov/consumers/small_businesses/insurers_and_rates and select the county where your company is based.
The Healthy NY Small Business Program is a health insurance program for small businesses that do not currently provide group health insurance coverage.
Your business is eligible to offer Healthy NY if the business:
- Employs 50 or fewer eligible employees
- Has a staff made up of at least 30% earning $43,000 or less in annual wages
- Did not provide health insurance coverage in the last 12 months (Providing health insurance is defined as arranging for coverage that includes BOTH hospital and medical coverage and contributing at least $50 per employee per month toward the premium)
In order to participate, your business must:
- Contribute at least 50 percent of the employee's Healthy NY premium
- Enroll at least half of your group of employees (at least one must earn $43,000 or less annually and work at least 20 hours a week)
- Be located within New York State
To view a more extensive list of eligibility requirements and criteria, please visit http://www,dfs.gov/consumers/small_businesses/eligibility
Copayments and Deductibles
Covered services are subject to a copayment. A copayment is an amount enrollees must pay at the time they receive services. The Healthy NY Small Employer Group Plan is also subject to a deductible. A deductible is a fixed amount during the annual benefit period that enrollees must pay before a plan starts to make payments for services.
In order to apply, you are required to provide a completed application with documentation verifying your current residence, current income and/or proof that you had worked within the past year. All Healthy NY applications must be in our possession by the 20th of the month in order to be eligible for the following first of the month's coverage.
Mail applications to:
P.O. Box 5204
Binghamton, NY 13902-9964