GeoBlue: The Security of International Coverage
Blue Cross Blue Shield members have access to a vast network that includes 92% of doctors and 96% of hospitals nationwide. In addition to coverage received within the United States, GeoBlue provides comprehensive international health care coverage for employees traveling or working outside the U.S. With the confidence of GeoBlue, members receive high-quality medical care anywhere – through a solid global network and exceptional service and value.
Blue Cross Blue Shield Global Expat™
The group expat plan combines comprehensive global benefits with medical assistance services. This plan is designed for international assignees and their families who are leaving their home countries for a period of six months or more.
- Primary major medical plan
- Worldwide coverage
- Rich benefits covering everything from medical evacuation to maternity care and well visits
- Flexible coverage for U.S. employees outside the U.S., foreign nationals on assignment in the U.S., and third country nationals
- Customizable benefits
- Available to groups of two or more
Blue Cross Blue Shield Global Traveler™
The business traveler plan empowers employers and employees to protect their agenda and travel without worry that an unexpected accident, illness or injury could jeopardize their investment. This plan provides group travel medical benefits and services for business travelers outside of their home country for trips lasting up to 180 days and offers these features:
- Easy-to-administer blanket coverage
- Comprehensive plans including medical evacuation, hospitalization and sick visits
- Customizable plans
- Coverage for U.S. and non-U.S. citizens traveling outside their home country (including those coming to the U.S.)
To learn more about GeoBlue, contact your account executive today.
Strong global network
When traveling internationally, members receive the trusted care they need in 190 countries without unnecessary out-of-pocket expenses.
- 37,000 doctors and 3,000 hospitals outside the U.S.
- 160 regional physician advisors
- 110 medical specialties
Our multilingual customer service team is available 24/7 to assist members in locating network providers, addressing health concerns, and accessing care. We empower members and administrators to take control by providing a balance of live support and innovative digital tools.
Online and mobile tools help members find and manage their health care anytime, anywhere:
- Find doctors, hospitals, and pharmacies
- Arrange direct pay
- Mobile ID card
- Submit a claim
- Translate medical terms, and more.
World-class health care
Experience a continuity of care from aiding in pre-travel and on-assignment medical decisions, to handling unexpected situations like emergency evacuation. We provide support when you want it and help when you need it.