A stroke occurs when the blood supply to part of the brain in interrupted or reduced, which deprives the brain tissue of oxygen and nutrients. A stroke is a medical emergency and prompt treatment is crucial. Early action can minimize brain damage and saves lives.
Our Stroke Prevention Program was designed to raise awareness about the life-threatening effects of stroke and to help members understand ways to prevent a stroke. Services offered include
- Personalized educational materials regarding stroke and stroke prevention
- Free, telephonic health coaching
- Newsletter articles
- Web resources to nationally recognized leaders in stroke prevention and treatment
- Web-based program information and self-management tools
Who is eligible for the program?
All members with interest in stroke prevention and treatment are eligible. Members can also be identified through:
- Out-patient medical claims
- In-patient hospital claims
- Members can be referred to the program by their doctor or other health care provider
- Members can self-enroll in the program
How do I enroll?
To enroll in the program, or obtain additional information, please contact our health care services department at 1-877-878-8785, option 2.