1. This is a summary of your visit, including the claim number.
2. This is the amount that your doctor billed—what the price would be without insurance.
3. This is the price BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York has negotiated for you—the price with insurance.
4. This is the amount of that bill that BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York paid.
5. Copay: An amount you may be required to pay as your share of the cost for a medical service or supplies, or prescription drugs. A copay is usually a set amount, rather than a percentage.
6. Deductible : The amount you must pay for health care or prescriptions before your insurance begins to pay.
7. Coinsurance: An amount you may be required to pay as your share of the cost for services after you pay any deductibles. Coinsurance is usually a percentage.
8. This is the amount you are responsible for. You have either already received a bill from your doctor or medical facility for this amount, or will receive a bill.