Community Affairs Sponsorship Requests
We want to thank you for the work that you do to support our community and to make Western New York a better place to live, work and grow. In an effort to streamline our sponsorship application process, we ask all 501(c)(3) organizations to complete our online application form, two months before your program or event date. If you would like to include any additional support material, you have the ability to attach and upload those documents.
To submit your sponsorship request, login here and create your own account. If you are accessing this application for the first time, you will be prompted to enter a passcode. Passcode is: BCBS-WNY. Please note, we cannot accept requests via email, mail or phone.
Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield of WNY corporate giving criteria:
- To be considered for funding, organizations are required to have 501(c)(3) designation. Organizations that do not have that designation must provide their Tax ID or EIN number.
- We support nonprofit organizations that are dedicated to charitable, cultural, scientific, literary, and other organizations under the Internal Revenue Code section 510(c)(3).
- We support organizations based within the eight (8) counties of WNY.
In accordance with the Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield of Western New York Community Affairs Corporate Giving Guidelines, consideration is given to programs and events that:
- Tie to our mission and have a compelling potential impact on the health and well-being of individuals in our community
- Create vibrant, diverse communities where all people have the opportunity to thrive
- Develop youth and families to ensure they have the highest potential to be contributing citizens in our community
- Provide and project sustainable measurements of success
- Partnering with organizations who offer us the opportunity to provide unique and memorable experiences with our 800,000+ members and 1,500 employees in Western New York
Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield generally does not accept applications for or from:
- Capital or building campaigns
- Endowment funds or purchase of equipment
- Fraternal or civic groups
- Individual causes
- Religious programming
- Seed money for start-up organizations
- Political causes or campaigns
- Health fairs
- Organizations outside of the Western New York area
Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield of WNY will not provide support to organizations that discriminate against a person or group on the basis of the person’s gender, race, color, age, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, disability, veteran, or military status, marital status, sexual orientation/gender identity, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
*Due to the high volume of requests, Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield of Western New York is not able to fund every incoming request. Our sponsorship committee meets monthly and will review and advise on your request at that time. If you have multiple funding requests, please submit them at the same time. Each program or event will require a separate sponsorship application.
Questions regarding our sponsorship application process? Please contact Micaela Inglese at firstname.lastname@example.org